EVENTS & COMPETITIONS
Saturday 23rd March 2024
Entries are closing soon for our popular Floor & Vault (F&V) annual competition!
Limited spaces left in our competition for those in Year 4, 5, 6, and 7+.
Location: RGA Centre, Townmead Road, Kew TW9 4EL
Competition Times: Final times to be confirmed once the running order is determined.
Competition entry: Free
Spectator tickets: Available to buy soon! Keep an eye on your emails.
Competing gymnasts perform one floor routine and two vaults to the judges and compete in groups arranged by age/ school year.
Medals are awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed gymnasts and all gymnasts receive a participation certificate.
View the routines here:
About our recreational competitions
Each year we hold three competitions for our recreational members in Year 3 and upwards.
Our optional and, friendly club competitions are designed to not only motivate and inspire our gymnasts but to prepare them for future friendly competitions internally within RGA and externally at school events. Our competitions each have a different core focus that will be covered in their weekly class with us. We also offer Competition Preparation sessions, usually during half term.
Optional Competition Preparation sessions
We also host optional preparation sessions for our competitions during half terms. Ideal for those who have never participated in a competition before, to help them prepare and compete with confidence.
Only gymnasts that have signed up for the competition will be able to attend the preparation session.
These sessions are designed to help our gymnasts prepare for competing and will consist of:
- Practicing & memorising tumbles.
- Breaking down the tumbles and perfecting the individual skills.
- Learning how to march on and off the floor.
- Going through a rough schedule of the day.
The above will also be covered in our regular classes.
- All gymnasts who attend the optional sessions will receive a FREE online preparation pack with tips and fun worksheets to fill out.
Log in to your membership account and select ‘Membership Account’ followed by ‘Competitions’. Here you will see both the competition where you can enter your child and the sessions which you can then sign up for.
(Please remember that advanced booking is required and places are limited and on a first-come-first-served basis.)
To register for Competitions & Preparation sessions
1. Click link Membership account and log in.
2. Then click on Membership Account button
3. Then click on Competitions button
4. Click on ‘Book’ to reserve place(s)
5. Click on Pay for ‘Reservations’ to confirm booking. Please note: Payment is required immediately for Preparation sessions.